News From Telecom World

Orascom’s North Korean mobile network to launch this month

Posted on: December 11, 2008

Radio Free Asia reports that Orascom Telecom will launch a wireless network in North Korea some time this month. It is not known, however, whether or not services will be restricted to communist party officials. Handsets are expected to be sold for USD700 each, approximately five times the monthly wage for most people. The mobile concession was awarded to Orascom’s 75%-owned local subsidiary CHEO Technology JV Company – the remaining 25% is owned by the state – in January, and the company aims to spend an initial USD200 million in the first year, then USD100 million in each of the next two years.

Source: Tele Geography

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


  • None
  • shah: i want make business.so need talk to you. regurds
  • yaseen vohra: salam iam producer&director other tv sir i have new program idea tv shwo sub kahdo 4 zong u r intrust tu plz e mail me ya call this
  • md. arfan hossain (hitlar): i want to start the voip business in bd from chittgong . now i don't know how to start that. could you give me some suggestion for doing that?
%d bloggers like this: